Little by Little

So Governor Newsom just spoke on what reopening California will look like.

S L O W.  No immediate plans to reopen tomorrow or even next week. Looks like the rest of 2020 is a wash if you\’re thinking life should be back to normal. Nope, I don\’t know when we will get back to normal. A new normal maybe. I don\’t know.

Basically, if we\’re good – and eat all our peas and carrots, we can start this reopening sometime after May 1. There will be restrictions. Masks are the new trending fashion for this summer. Restaurants may open, but they will have to limit, how many and stagger the tables to accommodate social distancing. The school-age kids most likely will not see the inside of their schools till the Fall.

I understand it all – doesn\’t mean I like it. It just all sucks.

At least we are not so tight, that we can\’t buy flower and veggie seeds like Michigan. I have a friend who lives in Monroe, Mi and runs a Lavendar Farm and she is beside herself, that she cannot buy seeds. I have offered to buy them for here, and mail them.

I feel sorry for the homeless. Right now, I have read (I haven\’t been out to actually see for myself) that they are being taken care of with motel vouchers so they can social distance. Think about this…how cruel is it going to be when this is all over…what will the officials do? Tell them, that\’s it – it\’s back on the streets? And I wonder if we can do this, get them housed, why can\’t we do this on a permanent basis? Really, they are only housing them because they are at risk to us. They aren\’t doing this for their sake. That\’s the way I see it. It\’s sad.

I\’m feeling much better today. I\’ve been down the last few days. This morning I woke up and decided I would do some painting. I also laid out in the morning sun – it felt so nice and improved my mood. Tomorrow I have to go in to see my regular doctor for a refill on my anti-depressants. The pharmacy wouldn\’t fill it. I actually was surprised that I had to go in. I\’m excited I have a purpose tomorrow. Just wear a mask…

A friend is dropping by some purple-colored Irises today. She will just drop them off on the driveway.  That will be fun to plant.

21 thoughts on “Little by Little

1. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 9:17 pm

It seems like Ca. shut it down quickly and has helped slow it all down. Not having mass transit to the extent of NYC has probably helped also.Stay safe, the new normal will be better.

2. Anonymous April 15, 2020 / 4:15 am

I agree it will be slow when things start opening back up. I feel for the kids and families here in Phoenix. Mentioned it before but this is our nice weather time and kids can't be at parks and then if public pools aren't open how will kids stay busy the hot months here? I too wonder about the homeless but I always worried about them. Some end up on the street due to drugs etc but some because of poor choices and not being prepared. It's just going to be a mess for a bit with everything. But I am sure it was like this after World War 2 and look at how some countries bounced back. We will do the same.Betty

3. Anonymous April 15, 2020 / 6:20 am

A bit of sunshine is a remedy for all things, so happy you are feeling a bit better. I try and sit in the sun and read everyday for about half an hour, makes me feel good. Take care.

4. Anonymous April 15, 2020 / 9:49 am

We in Michigan CAN buy lottery tickets, liquor, and pot, which is legal here. I can't buy garden supplies for the yard; or paint for the house – guess I'll just get high, lol.

5. Anonymous April 15, 2020 / 2:10 pm

I live in Michigan and I think our governor has let her power go to her head! It's kind of ridiculous to be in a store and have certain sections right in the middle roped off and the garden section closed but yet you can still buy liquor and lottery tickets! And she blabbered something about low income people and having to touch gas pump handles (really!) for her excuse to not let landscapers work! It's crazy and so is she! Thanks for giving me a space to rant!

6. Anonymous April 16, 2020 / 12:39 am

Little by little we will get through this

7. Anonymous April 16, 2020 / 1:55 am

Our Premier is talking about gradually relaxing some of our Covid-19 restrictions. It won't happen for awhile yet and will be gradual as well. God bless.

8. Anonymous April 16, 2020 / 5:05 am

I was just writing about the new Normal. I hope you will enjoy it.Doesn't Speak KlingonWhen Covid finally reached the US, and I saw how slow everyone was to respond, I said right then that the US is looking at a year to 18 months recovery. But that's just my opinion. Get settled into this new Normal for a long haul!

9. Anonymous April 17, 2020 / 2:04 am

Love that your state is going to open up slowly. I think we will be doing the same up here in Canada. I would hate to see a second wave of this virus hit either of our countries.God bless.

10. Anonymous April 21, 2020 / 2:29 am

It sounds as if your governor is being very smart about how to re-open. Our Premier is doing the same thing. He has reminded us that social distancing will still be in effect for a very long time.God bless.

11. Anonymous April 26, 2020 / 3:52 pm

Your compassion for the homeless is nice, Debby. Some people just want them to go away. But it's up to us to help them when we can. I used to help serve meals to the homeless many years ago. So sorry you've been down lately. Although I understand why businesses want to reopen, I really think it is too soon. I like our Governor, Newson. He has worked hard to stop the spread of the virus in our state. If you need seeds or plants for your garden, Home Depot is still open. I'm glad you got some sun. Just sitting in the sun makes a big difference and lifts our spirits.Be well and stay safe, Debby.~Sheri

12. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:18 pm

Yeah mass transit and living close together.

13. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:19 pm

I just don't know how it will all look. I try not to think about it for too long or then it starts to bother me, physically in my gut! LOL

14. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:20 pm

Oh I am a sun person! I need that natural Vit D

15. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:21 pm

I agree with you. If I didn't have gardening, I'd go crazy

16. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:21 pm

oh yeah, we'll get through it.

17. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:24 pm

We have to use good judgement and not throw caution to the winds…or we could be very sorry.

18. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:25 pm

I believe I am beginning to be ready…what choice do we have?

19. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:25 pm

I am thinking Fall could be a real problem.

20. Anonymous April 28, 2020 / 5:27 pm

Home Depot in the early morning is nice