Wait and See

Our poppies on the hill

Instacart delivered my groceries and I now have COFFEE FILTERS! There were some items the shopper could not get. Mushrooms being one of them. So what,  we now have mushroom hoarders?  There are still some items I need, and will probably have to go out and do it myself later this week. We still have a full tank of gas in our van. We last filled up on April 3. That\’s amazing. Gas is cheaper now than it was when we last filled up but we can\’t take advantage of it due to our full tank. I guess gas will jump up, once everyone goes back to work? We\’ll have to wait and see…

The husband is on the hill in the back, weeding around our beautiful California poppies. Me? Once again, I can\’t seem to get myself doing anything constructive. I hate this. I put the groceries away – big deal. I haven\’t even been out for a walk today. I started 2 books, and I can\’t seem to focus on them. My mind wanders.

I miss my adult kids. I talked with Foodie on the phone, Sat. I can tell he misses me. Single and living alone. He works but still needs to bounce off his rants to someone who loves him. After one hour, I told him, \”Enough.\” He is quite the talker, to begin with. I am not. Plus he sends me you-tube videos. I have a stack of them in my messages, from him and others that I haven\’t even looked at yet.

We\’re in the \’80s this week. That\’s nice.

Yesterday we ordered Olive Garden and picked it up curbside. That was our Easter dinner. I had Chicken Alfredo and my husband had the Salmon. Just getting out to pick it up was FUN and I noticed how green everything was. Not many people out.

We are thinking about placing an order with Home Depot and have it delivered. Paving stones, wood, etc. We need projects! My husband used a leftover steel pipe to use as a grape trellis. I love reusing things we already have –

I don\’t know if we\’ll be able to go to Tahoe on May 11. They don\’t want any outside their county in – I don\’t blame them….we\’ll have to wait and see. Everything is \”wait and see\” now. I am thankful that I am not in a hot spot and so far, our county has gone 4 days without any cases. Yeah okay, we need to \”wait and see\” since they are telling us, California will hit our peak on Wednesday. In Bakersfield yesterday, a group was fined $1000 for buying essential food at a convenient store – they were 40 miles outside their own town.

I think, nobody really has a handle on this. They are making guesstimations. Like those data charts saying that last week we\’d have 100-200 thousand deaths, and we didn\’t. I guess its better to just throw out the worst-case scenario.

Yep, all we can really do is wait and see.

13 thoughts on “Wait and See

1. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 2:18 am

Oh to have such nice weather, I envy you. Today we have had cold, high winds and snow.God bless.

2. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 2:59 am

Debby, the California Poppies around your home are so pretty. I see them around here now blooming like crazy, but they are mostly on the edge of the roads growing wild. I love their color. Yes, coffee filters is a must, and I was glad when I got some too. The Olive Garden you had for Easter sounds delicious. I have been craving Olive Garden lately. And chicken alfredo is my favorite. Hang in there, Debby. It sounds like you have many home projects you want to work on. Good to see you back here on your blog. : )~Sheri

3. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 3:41 am

Good you got your coffee filters!! Funny about the mushrooms. Here produce seems to be in an abundance. Good to get Olive Garden as an Easter treat. I miss seeing grandson and I know he misses coming over here. Hard to get a 4 year old to understand something like this. Got used to working again then quit work so now I feel a bit displaced. Still trying to find a groove that works but I'll figure it out, hopefully sooner than later :)betty

4. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 6:44 am

Thanks for your interesting post even though you don't feel you can focus on anything at the moment. I am glad you were able to have a nice meal for Easter and a chat to your son too. Like you, I feel very isolated and miss my grown up children and grandchildren. I phone them but always feel they are either tired or busy or both and I think I am bothering them so don't know what to do. I think I raised them to be too independent. I hope you stay well during this time. Take care.

5. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 9:58 am

Well, the $1200 the gov't is sending? The states will fine folks and get it back. If you own a second home here in Michigan, you are forbidden to go to it. But the in-laws in Chicago can travel to their home here. I broke the 'law' and visited my grandchildren yesterday. I feel like I am in lock-up. Somehow I survived the 1968 pandemic and still worked, in a hospital no less. No restrictions. Thank you for letting me vent. Stay healthy, stay sane, eat chocolate.

6. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 1:27 pm

You like Instacart…that's good…we have my mother inlaw's groceries delivered that way, and she hates it. I suspect there is an underlying reason, but I will leave it at. JMO, but its time to open up the country…so many folks not making it, so many folks who will loose their jobs and so many businesses closing for good. I guess NY is different than California.(??? maybe not so different)–we are day 40 whatever of everything being closed. Time to make some hard decisions. I am sure many folks are in the same position.

7. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 8:40 pm

Oh it is nice. Glorious to be outside in the yards.

8. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 8:41 pm

It was delicious. Chicken Alfredo is my favorite too.

9. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 8:42 pm

These \”new normals\” are hard to keep up with. Enjoy your time home.

10. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 8:43 pm

Yeah my sons get that way – the only reason why the one is calling me is I am the only one who will listen to him rant. (to a point) Once everything goes back to normal (whatever that will be) I'll hear from him once a month or so.

11. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 8:44 pm

Yeah my friend that lives in Monroe, is beside herself that you can't buy seeds or travel up to her cabin. LOL you broke the law? You rascal you.

12. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 8:46 pm

I have no idea what day we are in. I don't remember. I think it was mid March so not as long as you guys.

13. Anonymous April 14, 2020 / 10:31 pm

Fuel is cheaper herer too, my mum had to ask my brother to get her some toilet paper because he works on a back dock he has been able grab a packet of the pallet when it comes in before it hmits the floor for sale.