Picky picky picky

The husband and I are snipping at each other more than usual over stupid stuff. I guess me forgetting to close cupboard doors are driving him crazy! I honestly don\’t know why I am doing this. It just started. But on the other hand, I don\’t get why he is so fixated on it.

Things that the husband is doing that BUGS ME:

He places his dirty dishes not in the sink – not in the dishwasher but on the workspace counters. He never did this before.

He is forgetting to flush the toilet on occasion.

He\’s asking me what I plan to do in the day. It makes me think he is \”judging me.\”

He repeats himself.

He forgets where he puts down his eyeglasses every single day

Sometimes he is just too cheery for me.

When he\’s reading his book, he calls me in, to tell me what he read. I don\’t want to hear it.

He thinks I am supposed to AGREE with his opinions.

He keeps closing the curtain in my craft room before we go to bed. Why?

He keeps closing the teeny weenie window in our greenhouse kitchen window at night. WHY? No one can climb in.

Things I do that bugs my husband

Leave the cupboard doors open in the kitchen
I\’m on my phone too much
I won\’t listen to him tell me about his book while he is reading it.
I\’m not as \”cheery\” as he is or how he thinks I should be.
I tend to always have a opposite opinion than him on everything these days.
I get \”fixated\” on stuff. (oh and he doesn\’t?)
I\’ve been forgetting to put the toilet paper on the roll. (maybe that is why he is forgetting to flush the toilet?)
I let people bug me.
I cherish my alone time more than an afternoon nap with him and the dog
I can\’t seem to make a decision.
There are more, I am sure – I just can\’t think of any right now. For the most part, we\’re fine. Is this because of the Stay at Home order or is this RETIREMENT?  We were JUST starting to get into our retirement GROOVE when all of this came crashing down. I\’d go out shopping, do some crafting/gardening and he would do his VFW or go hiking/heavy-duty yard work. Of course, all of that is either closed down. or we have no supplies.
This morning we talked about doing a \”joint project\” together. Like paint the master bathroom, or clean the garage.

18 thoughts on “Picky picky picky

1. Anonymous April 11, 2020 / 9:20 pm

It's tough. I make sure to give my wife alone time and she gives me some too. It vastly improves together time.There is no excuse for not flushing.

2. Anonymous April 11, 2020 / 9:52 pm

I would not do a joint project right now. Sounds like it might not go well. We are bouncing around here with our schedules. Since the pup came everything is topsy turvy. I think lots of people are feeling the strain of this quarantine. Best to just go with the flow and hang in there. Hopefully life will return to sane very soon.Betty

3. Anonymous April 11, 2020 / 10:23 pm

This sounds so incredibly familiar. We aren't retired, so we will get to go back to our day-to-day away from each other. We also have an 11 year old in the mix, but she is doing pretty good and doesn't seem too annoyed by us and doesn't annoy us too much either. But, so many of these I was saying \”same!\” to! Maybe it is a Nor Cal thing. 🙂

4. Anonymous April 11, 2020 / 10:55 pm

Your husband would not make it in my house! I always forget to close the cabinet doors and when I'm cooking they all are open! It's just a bad habit I've had for a long time!

5. Anonymous April 12, 2020 / 2:46 am

I'm always asking my husband about his plans – for the day, for the next meal – and his answer is always \”I don't know\”. I don't know why I keep asking. I think maybe I'm just making conversation?And opinions, yes. We disagree a lot. It doesn't lead to a fight, but sometimes I find it tiring. I think he thrives on it.

6. Anonymous April 12, 2020 / 9:42 am

Well, I got a kick out of this. Reminds me of why I have remained single since 1994. But I have heard your story from other retirees even without the pandemic. As for painting, I hope you have it already because our Governor told stores they cannot sell non-essential items and that includes paint. But, you can buy booze and lottery tickets.

7. Anonymous April 12, 2020 / 12:18 pm

…and thank you for keeping it real. I hope you have a beautiful day, regardless of what is going on.

8. Anonymous April 12, 2020 / 4:07 pm

hahaha–welcome to my world. lol So very many similarities. My favorite is when the news is on and he is talking over the announcer telling me the 'real story' behind whatever they are talking about–sorry to say HE is the one that leaves the kitchen cabinets and all doors open…including drawers.We will ALL get through this (I hope). Happy Easter- xo Diana

9. Anonymous April 12, 2020 / 11:18 pm

Sounds like me and Tim

10. Anonymous April 13, 2020 / 6:08 pm

I agree with the not flushing.

11. Anonymous April 13, 2020 / 6:11 pm

Kids are more resilient than we are! Our cat and dog are loving it.

12. Anonymous April 13, 2020 / 6:12 pm

Lol. Yeah its a new habit I am now into. I notice it and try and close them. But sometimes I miss. He never MISSES an opportunity to let me know about it.

13. Anonymous April 13, 2020 / 6:13 pm

We love spending time together for the most part –

14. Anonymous April 13, 2020 / 6:14 pm

Crazy. Yeah I have been hearing about Michigan and all the restraints. WE might go over to Home depot sometime this week.

15. Anonymous April 13, 2020 / 6:15 pm

OMG YES on the talking over the news. That drives me nuts.

16. Anonymous April 13, 2020 / 6:15 pm

Sounds like a lot of couples, I imagine. Misery loves company!