Heard from Pops

So far today, I\’m doing laundry – I sat in the sun. Played a game. I made some phone calls. Cooking dinner in the crockpot – plan to bake a banana nut bread this afternoon.

Tomorrow we are planning to:

• get gas
  • post office to mail my FIL\’s rent check to the Veterans Home.
  • Maybe just take a drive.
  • Possibly, get some take out. WE haven\’t done that yet.
Yep, times have changed. Now we get really excited just to get out of the house and go,  \”Bye Bye in the Car\”

We finally received a phone call from my husband\’s father. He sounded good and was upbeat. My husband is going to send him some vegetable seed packets so he can start gardening. Pop loves to garden and grew up in Kansas on a farm. We checked out the Walmart website to order, but they are all sold out. I guess people are hoarding seed packets as well. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. We\’ll keep trying. The purchase needs to be delivered to him.

My back has been bothering me – too much laying around and not enough exercise I guess. I do miss going to the gym and riding the bicycle. My knee has been stiff and has been hurting. It\’s like my knee is addicted to cycling. I can\’t ride a regular bike due to my ruptured lower discs. It causes me inflammation and I start to \”click.\” when I walk which then makes me nauseous. I could purchase a home cycling machine but I don\’t like that stuff cluttering up my house. I\’m much better at physically going to work out rather than work out at home.

It is sad how desperate these celebrities are getting these days because they are not the \”center of attention\” anymore. But there will always be \”fans\” who will still hang on their every word, post, tweet, etc. This virus just goes to show, how NON-ESSENTIAL they really are!

Stay SAFE, SANE and HEALTHY!

12 thoughts on “Heard from Pops

1. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 11:36 pm

Part of the gym is the going, sort of forces you to work out, plus is a good excuse to just get out…well it was a month ago.For now just stay safe.

2. Anonymous April 3, 2020 / 2:04 am

Glad that you heard from your father-in-law and he is upbeat. I bought some garden seeds when I visited Walmart last. I hope to get some more as I really doubt the nurseries and greenhouses will be open this year.God bless.

3. Anonymous April 3, 2020 / 2:44 am

Glad you heard from Pops. I wondered how people are doing who used to go to workout. I have a treadmill that I use 5 days weekly. Here so very soon it will get hot and people wont want to run outside. Hopefully it will be over with before the summer heat comes.Betty

4. Anonymous April 3, 2020 / 10:02 am

Hello, Love the sweet dog, it must love car rides. Times have changed, I hope they go back to normal soon. I hope you and your family stay healthy! Take care and stay safe, wishing you a happy weekend!

5. Anonymous April 3, 2020 / 10:54 am

A gardening blogger I follow said he cannot find seeds. I guess all the people who never bake and bought up all the flour are now going to grow their own vegetables, too. Everyone is nuts, IMHO.

6. Anonymous April 3, 2020 / 9:52 pm

We are not gardeners, Tim was when he was younger and who knows he may take it up again when he retires. Nice to hear Pop is doing good

7. Anonymous April 4, 2020 / 12:36 am

That's what I need – when it comes to working out. If I bought all those expensive machines, they would end up being an expensive coat rack

8. Anonymous April 4, 2020 / 12:37 am

In the summer around here, we get out very early to beat the heat and lay around in the afternoon.

9. Anonymous April 4, 2020 / 12:37 am

Thank you, Eileen. Have a great weekend yourself

10. Anonymous April 4, 2020 / 12:38 am

He's getting back to his normal self.