Too Close For Comfort

Does anyone know of someone who has the virus?

I don\’t know anyone personally. My nephew who lives in Arkansas told me his father-in-law has tested positive. He said, he was talking to him on the phone one day, and he seemed fine and the next day he\’s on a ventilator!

Last evening on our local news they reported 2 employees at the Ca Veterans Home where Navy works and my father-in-law lives, has tested positive. I\’m not a fearful person, but I can tell you I felt the blood drain from my body! I called my son, and he was very encouraging and I felt better. It\’s still too close for comfort but he assured me they are doing all that they can – he said they have plenty of PPE\’s and so far none of the elderly residents have tested positive. One person was a part-time employee that was last there on March 15 and self-isolated. The other left work on March 26. He said he did not come into any contact with them and only 1 resident came into contact with the later one. They have isolated him and have opened up a section, of beds, just in case.

The stupid news outlets couldn\’t wait till the Home contacted the families, even though they said they would. They are a business that is trying to get the jump on other news outlets but this was not a good thing to receive from TV news. 15 minutes after I got off the phone with my son, the Home called and gave us the details. This morning we had an email from the Cal Vet Administration.

I am so sick of friends, who keep sending me crap news stories. Like, this one showed a line of military transport vehicles crossing an overpass in Oroville, Ca. Everybody thinking something is happening. Little do they know, that there is an army depot base, near there and they are constantly moving vehicles. There is NOTHING TO SEE there. It\’s a non-story. Then my friend sent me a flyer that said, Homeland Security is mobilizing the National Guard for a complete national shutdown. FALSE.

Then, of course, I get the End Times stuff. Totally annoying. I do not believe this is the end. I do not believe anyone living is the Anti-Christ and I do not believe that Bill Gates ID2020 is the \”mark of the beast.\”

I didn\’t sleep as well last night, due to the news from the Home but I\’m feeling better about it because I choose to. I have to make a conscious effort, to ignore the crazies.

I do much better, watching star trek and I\’ve been doing a little more baking – taking walks, sitting outside in the sun, watching the birds, etc. Today, I placed a Walmart order for some Aloe Vera gel (that I cannot find anywhere) Tylenol, Men\’s vitamins, and my husband\’s Glucosamine Chondroitin. My store was all out of those items. They should be here by the 4th. I don\’t want to go anywhere during these next 2 weeks. I\’ll order what I need and have it delivered. Walmart is also doing curbside delivery where all I have to do, is set the appointed time for curbside pickup. They\’ll do the shopping. I don\’t usually go to Walmart for my groceries but my own store isn\’t offering this. We both may have to reorder medications within a couple of weeks.

Stay safe and healthy, my friends. Most of all, Stay Sane!

15 thoughts on “Too Close For Comfort

1. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 12:28 am

Ohoh ((grin))…You can look up the Bill Gates thing, its true. Just put it in your search engine (the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). Not sure about the mark of the beast thing, but they are developing nano technology to put in vacinacinations (spelling, sorry). For what, I don't know…and that is scary.ANYWAYS—I don't want to argue, just to darn tired to do so, lol. HEY! I found your blog! Thanks for visiting me. I think CA & NY are in the thick of this now…well…NYC is 6 hrs away from us (we are in western NY) and I want folks to know, NYC is NOT the state of NY (GRIN). Keeping you and your family in prayer–and by all means, turn the news off…we have been…enough is enough, wink.

2. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 1:41 am

Step son works for a supermarket. He was sent home today with a fever. Worried for him, but also his wife and MIL have issues that would not do well against this virus.Stay safe.

3. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 1:51 am

Wow, I think you were right to be worried, but I am glad that Navy said things were okay. God bless.

4. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 2:38 am

I hate the majority of the news stories coming out. They are talking about unemployment here and how it is on the rise. Well if course it will be. Why do they need to report it? And of course the fake news. Enough to just turn it off. I do know some one who had the virus. A friend of my DIL who I met and socialized with last summer. She tested positive a few weeks back. I don't know much more but I believe she is doing well now. I haven't since her since September and haven't seen DIL in close to a month.Betty

5. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 9:50 am

I think you are doing the right thing and not listening to all the news reorts. Here in Aus. its the same, lots of fake news and people getting the wrong idea of what is happening. I have deleted my facebook account because a few of my friends had been sending too many false reports and I couldn't be bothered with it all. I hope you can remain more positive and enjoy being at home.

6. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 4:44 pm

My cousin had it. She was exposed at work. She was in the hospital for 4 days and is home recovering now. She's 61 years old.

7. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 6:30 pm

actually so far, Ca is not as bad off as NY. That may change. Just as New York is not NYC, SAME with California. The state isn't just SF and LA.

8. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 6:34 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. That's too close!

9. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 6:35 pm

Yeah he knows how to calm me down. I could continue to worry but what good will it do me? I just have to trust.

10. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 6:36 pm

Wow. I'm glad the gal is doing well. What we don't hear enough about, is those who have recovered and are doing well. That's what I want to hear – a bit more positive than always hearing the death total.

11. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 6:38 pm

I am tempted to delete my account but its the only way I can keep track of family members, since we're all spread out. I work at trying to stay positive. If I don't, I start to feel it in my gut!

12. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 6:38 pm

Thank you – same to you.

13. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 6:45 pm

Wow. It must have been pretty bad if she had to go to the hospital. Happy she recovered.

14. Anonymous April 2, 2020 / 9:11 pm

I don't know anyone who has been directly affected by this damn virus, thankfullyI watch Sunrise a morning show to get the days update about the virus but I don't need to hear about it 4/7.