Another day

My neighborhood with Mt Shasta in the distance.

I took a long walk today around my neighborhood. It was so nice to get out. We didn\’t see many people – I saw a couple of young moms out with their babies and toddlers – we kept our distance as to not freak the mommy out. The neighborhood park was empty.

Yesterday we were up early grocery shopping. Prices seem to have gone up. I spent $139 for not that much. Gas is the lowest I have seen in a year or so – we\’re at $2.50 a gal. We filled up 2 weeks ago at $2.99 a gal and still have half a tank. Foodie said, that Sysco Foods, which distributes food to their facility, could not fill the milk and egg order this week. Then I went to the store and found that milk and eggs were low and they were limiting purchases. I didn\’t need any TP, and that was good because there were only 4 packages left. Absolutely no Tylenol on the shelves. Since that social media post went viral about ibuprofen not good to take for the virus, everybody did a mad dash to HOARD Tylenol. I have just a little left so I am now, restricting myself. I used to take an anti-inflammatory for my arthritis and it bothered my stomach. So all I take now is Tylenol. It doesn\’t work as well, but it\’s better than nothing. It\’s crazy how people hoard. They obviously have major \”issues.\” I can see if they were brought up in the depression or WW2 – or maybe they had parents that were hoarders. I don\’t get it. I always feel guilty if I take too much of anything.

We watched another John Wayne movie – She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. My husband enjoyed it. It was okay. It was made in 1949.

Both my husband and I are old Trekkies. We\’ve been binge-watching the original Star Trek series on Netflix. The series is still good, but so primitive. Funny how when they crash, they move their bodies not always in unison. Spock, of course, was ALWAYS my favorite.

7 thoughts on “Another day

1. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 11:36 pm

I'm waiting for the weather to warm a bit before getting out much, but like you, I will keep my distance. Not many people out other than maybe walk the dog.Keep safe!

2. Anonymous April 1, 2020 / 12:12 am

Hubby abd me were just talking about rationing in WW2. Our parents handled it and learned how to manage what they had. Might be good for the younger generation to experience it. Hubby is a Star Trek fan. We don't have much time to watch TV these days with the new puppy lol. Betty

3. Anonymous April 1, 2020 / 1:07 am

I love the old Star Trek and have watched it over and over. Must watch it once again.I do like some John Wayne movies and perhaps that is another item I should be watching some evening.We are about the same price for gas here. I just can't believe how it keeps falling.God bless.

4. Anonymous April 1, 2020 / 4:40 am

That's a nice view! I'm glad you could get out safely. Just today I walked to our nearest mini-market – one of the classes of businesses considered \”essential\” and therefore still open – and really felt how badly my legs miss walking daily!

5. Anonymous April 1, 2020 / 11:03 am

People are crazy and it doesn't take a virus to make them that way. NSAIDS kill my stomach so I too am a tylenol user for arthritis. Last time I was in the CVS two women were loading up on it 'just in case'. Take care up there. At least you have beautiful scenery to look at.

6. Anonymous April 1, 2020 / 8:30 pm

Hi Debby. It was so nice to have you visit me this week so am returning the favor. My kids were able to get TP and paper towels from Costco this week but we shall see how long that lasts. Hoarders are not good but it always surprises me when I see how selfish some are. Guess we will get more used to it before this is all over..Stay well and thanks again..xxoJudy

7. Anonymous April 1, 2020 / 10:29 pm

Yes the cost of every day item seem to be increasing, I did my online shopping today