New shoes!

I had ordered these shoes mid-February. I ordered them off Facebook from an ad. After I paid for them, a couple days later I realized they were coming from China. They weren\’t that much money so I just HOPED that I didn\’t get \”took\” again. So I waited, and waited, and waited. I emailed them a couple of times and they did answer my email promptly. The shoes were held up in China due to the virus. What could I do?

Yesterday, they finally came and I love them. They are like walking on a cloud. NO, I didn\’t \”spray them\” before bringing them in. I kinda forgot because when it comes to shoes, I throw caution to the wind. My husband opened the box outside and we figured the box was more of an infectious possibility than the shoes.

I watched our Calvary Chapel church\’s online service this morning, along with the dog and the cat.

It rained a bit last night and early this morning.

My nephew-in-law, who is from Iran and came here as a child, lives in Glendale, Ca. (My sister helped raise him) He told me they are on lockdown till April 17. Iran has been hit hard. He\’s pretty freaked out. He purchased some disposable Hazmat Suits. They are anti-virus Protection Clothing Safety Coveralls. He\’s only 40 but he has a young daughter now and he worries. His wife is a dentist. Foodie was just down there in February for a union convention and met up with Poria – they went out for some Persian food. Crazy how just a month later, all hell broke loose.

Tomorrow we will go do some grocery shopping for another 2 weeks or longer. I don\’t need the main food – just items I had forgotten I needed last time I shopped and milk, which this time, I will freeze. Oh and I also want to pick up some flower seeds.

I\’m making a cheesecake this afternoon.

Stay safe.

16 thoughts on “New shoes!

1. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 11:05 pm

I saw those shoes on Facebook and almost ordered them, but realized they were in China. Nothing against Chinese products, just have been scammed before. We tried to order groceries on line, but they are out of everything we wanted. I know II could go to Walmart, but too many idiots consider Walmart a big outing with their kids round these parts.

2. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 11:31 pm

I would have left the box and shoes in the garage for two days before opening…that's how paranoid I'm getting.

3. Anonymous March 30, 2020 / 3:51 am

I saw those shoes on Facebook and considered ordering them. Glad they finally arrived and were good to wear! I'm enjoying our online services from church. Our church like I mentioned before is steering away from playing songs from Bethel and Hillsong. Our worship director seems a bit reluctant to do so but he promises by end of the year they will be out of our rotation of songs to sing. He's trying to find new music to introduce. Now online with the services we can \”fast forward\” through the Bethel/Hillsong songs as our church pre records the services Thursday for people to watch anytime after that. My brother's a worship director at a big church in Southern California. They are investigating about playing Bethel/Hillsong songs. Progress is being made. I just wonder after the money is taken away from them what new movement will start??? betty

4. Anonymous March 30, 2020 / 8:39 am

Your shoes look very comfortable and I am glad they finally arrived. My husband has been waiting for some lights for our car but no response from the seller in China. I think the lights have gone and our money too but thankfully they were not expensive, but if we buy them here they are a ridiculous price. Not to worry though as there are more important things now to concern us. I hope you stay safe and well.

5. Anonymous March 30, 2020 / 11:07 am

The shoes look very comfy. I figure if the virus can survive on a package shipped from China, staying six feet away from someone will not save me. Think I'm set with food for another week at least. Take care.

6. Anonymous March 30, 2020 / 9:34 pm

Nice shoes, glad you finally got them, it can be a bit risky buying from Facebook adds but not always. Tim bought my motorised scooter from a Facebook add

7. Anonymous March 30, 2020 / 9:40 pm

Hi there Debby, nice to meetcha….glad you stopped in to my blog and left a comment. Hope today finds you well and healthy. I am reading some of your posts now. Oh my………THAT MOOOOOOOSE right up in the WINDOW!! Mercy!! LOL Our dogs would go nuts over seeing something like that….they love to bark at people, other dogs, cats, etc, they would not know what a moose was for sure. lOL They think horses are big dogs i can tell, ha ha We have lots of horses in our city. not sure if you got my comment……..I pressed the \”publish\” button several times and nothing happened…….

8. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 1:54 am

The shoes look like they would be very comfortable.God bless.

9. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 8:49 pm

I haven't been to Walmart for weeks now.

10. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 8:50 pm

Nothing wrong with that.

11. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 8:52 pm

MY old church in the bay area is playing Bethel and Hillsong music. Makes me ill. They used to be so solid.

12. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 8:53 pm

I kept bugging them – and they were good at getting back to me. I also threatened to cancel order. I really like these shoes.

13. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 8:54 pm

Actually I just read someone saying that the droplets can spray 20 ft or more. So the 6 ft rule is just a guesstimation. No one really knows. We're all just winging it.

14. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 8:55 pm

Some ads are good.Have to be careful.

15. Anonymous March 31, 2020 / 8:56 pm

My dog also, barks at everyone who walks by the house. I couldn't live in Alaska if Moose and Bear were right outside my window.