People are Crazy!

From a friend who lives in Alaska –
 Imagine looking out your window and seeing Moose!

Today we took a drive – We were gone from the house for a total of 45 minutes. Beautiful country – saw cows and horses, goats and sheep. We took our dog, Laydee with us and she thinks the animals are big dogs and she barks at them. She jumps from seat to seat and even gets into the very back window of the van, looking at them. I think she might be going a bit stir-crazy as well. We didn\’t see too many people out – although we were more in a rural area. Beautiful spring green popping up all over. We\’re supposed to get some \”always needed and appreciated rain.\”

The Army Corps of Engineers has designated my town as a good place to put up a Field Hospital. It\’s the biggest town (88,000) in the middle of rural counties so it makes sense. Many ignorant people are reading more into it – freaking out, which people are doing a lot of these days. I don\’t know, maybe I am the ignorant one. I just take things as they come and I do much better emotionally.  I don\’t like to over-think or play \”what if?\”

I have a couple of friends who keep sending me these conspiracy videos – political and religious, end times stuff. I just can\’t go down those roads. And by the way, they are acting, they probably shouldn\’t either. They are really FREAKING OUT. MY husband had to talk to one of my friends because she was asking so many questions, that I could not answer sufficiently.

Sometimes it feels as if I am in a crowded theater – everyone is yelling fire; people are panicking and trying to get out the doors. And I just sit there…

Pass me a beer, please!

11 thoughts on “People are Crazy!

1. Anonymous March 28, 2020 / 11:42 pm

No reason to panic, also no reason to be stupid. A week ago I was accused of being overly cautious. I told them if it turns out I am overly cautious a few months from now you can laugh at me…in the mean time, get the F***out of my house!

2. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 12:20 am

We have led privileged lives in that people are so afraid. I do feel for people who are working and living paycheck to paycheck. I remember those days all too well. They've done a good job giving food out to families here. Meanwhile, It is not that big a change in our lifestyle here. At 89, my mother likes to watch Perry Mason, the classic movie channel and sort her many photographs. I've got to slow down and help her with the photos. I'm retired but I work harder now than when I had a full time job.I'm glad your husband could talk with your friend. I'm afraid I have a hard time with conspiracy theories. Life is tough enough without them. Take care, stay home and hurrah for Laydee. She understands her job.

3. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 12:30 am

We are not crazy but people in NY are worried. We are following all the CDC guidelines and staying away from each other.If you get a chance read my tweet to the President.I am @blurbwatch on Twitter.

4. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 11:29 am

I am not on Facebook and follow nothing other then BBC and ATK on Twitter. People are crazy and stupid, a bad combination.Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it. Stay healthy.

5. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 8:28 pm

I just take it day by day and do not stress over \”what if\” can't see the point

6. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 8:51 pm

Whoa! I agree with you – just be smart. I've read some reports on what it is like to have the virus, and it's not something I want. I don't even want the mild version.

7. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 8:54 pm

I feel bad for those who live paycheck to paycheck as well. And those who are sole proprietors with no employees, independent contractors. If this had happened back when I was a single mom, raising 3 teenagers, and was self-employed, I'd be freaked out.

8. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 8:56 pm

Oh the ones who are worried and concerned, I don't think are crazy. The religious wingnuts that are calling up every so called \”biblical prophecy and end times\” stuff are CRAZY and those who are conspiracy theorists are crazy. Not the ones who are in the throes of this pandemic.

9. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 8:57 pm

People are getting \”testy\” these days due to everything going on. I just try to stay out of it. You stay healthy too Denise and do what your adult kids say! lol

10. Anonymous March 29, 2020 / 8:57 pm

You and me both. Nothing we can do about it.

11. Anonymous March 30, 2020 / 9:15 am

I am fortunate in that I live in Asia and have watched this play out already. The panic will subside into a new form of \”life as usual\” while people get used to being inside. I agree though, it will be hardest for those who are losing income and even jobs because of this.