Busy Busy Busy

The wedding is coming up soon and for some reason, I am nervous and will happy to get it over with. My pretty dress, the one I ordered online from Amazon – didn\’t fit. This after I sent them my measurements – it still didn\’t fit. Silly me, just assumed the dress was here in the US – WRONG. To send it back would cost me $85 – to China!

So I had to make a mad dash, to Macy\’s and bought a dress. The dress is fine. No one will be looking at me anyway. I\’m not going to stress about it. It feels nice on.

Today the husband took off for a little hiking adventure and overnight camping. YEA!!!! It\’s good for both of us. He just called to say he forgot his coffee pot! Oh well, one morning without coffee won\’t kill him! All the more reason, I am glad I am not there! Weather is spring-like – my yellow daffodils are popping up all over!

He loves to be busy. He is really disciplined. Me, not so much. Maybe I used to be before he retired. I find I am lazier since he has been home. I can\’t figure out why that is. At least he is not rearranging the kitchen cupboards anymore!

I think I mentioned we\’ve got reservations at Chef Ramsey\’s Hell\’s Kitchen Restaurant at Ceasars Palace in Tahoe. The kids are going to Hawaii and Foodie just got back from a Union Convention down in LA. He got to see the Kobe Bryant memorial outside the Staple Center.  He said it was very touching.

I\’m out of my routine – with posting. I need to find my RETIREMENT Rhythm!

9 thoughts on “Busy Busy Busy

1. Anonymous February 6, 2020 / 10:31 pm

You'll have to let us know how Hell's Kitchen is. I've read some articles about couples adjusting to each other after one retires and is home more than before. Most articles say it takes a few months to develop a new routine and get used to the change in things. My biggest problem is with hubby retired is he wants to micro manage me or be my manager. I have to sometimes remind him I functioned just fun for so many years when he was at work 🙂 You'll get your rhythm and then something will change again!betty

2. Anonymous February 6, 2020 / 10:49 pm

My step daughter gets married in June. Mrs. C (the mom) is a bit of a mess, I also am looking forward to getting it done, as a step dad my job is to stay out of all issues and shut the heck up. She was told to order a dress before February as the seamstresses in China take several weeks off for some holiday. I still think that was just the dress shops way to speed up a decision.As to retirement; we have found it important to keep ones distance at least several hours a day, plus Mrs. C works nights three nights a week, but too much of each other is too much of each other. I have a few hobbies plus I am very good at doing nothing and not feeling guilty. I think many retirees are guilty for not working.

3. Anonymous February 6, 2020 / 10:51 pm

Oh, and dinner at Hell's Kitchen sounds like fun. Don't order the risotto, I've watched the show and that dish always gets the chefs in trouble.

4. Anonymous February 7, 2020 / 1:42 am

The next time you need a special dress, you might want to try eShakti. It's online. You can send your measurements and your dress will be custom made for you. The prices are pretty reasonable. I think they have free returns, but I'm not sure because I haven't returned anything.Love,Janie

5. Anonymous February 7, 2020 / 9:25 pm

How frustrating about the dress

6. Anonymous March 10, 2020 / 6:21 pm

The stress before the wedding was mild for me because our kids paid for everything themselves but we did feel it. The reception I felt wonderful and relaxed and that was before the champagne.

7. Anonymous March 10, 2020 / 6:22 pm

LOL, okay no risotto!

8. Anonymous March 10, 2020 / 6:22 pm

I will check that out.

9. Anonymous March 10, 2020 / 6:23 pm

Yep – I have this beautiful dress that doesn't fit. What a waste!