It sucks to be PG&E

Source: KCRW

The last I heard, 2 Million people will be without power and for several days. Does this happen in other states? Are we just whining? Honestly, I don\’t know. I feel fortunate because my city has its own power grid away from PGE. (Must be good for my property value) But I do have compassion, and many people I know in smaller areas that are on the PGE grid, are suffering. Yeah okay, maybe they need to be PREPARED. We are planning to buy a generator by the end of the year to \”get ready.\”  And Yes, we didn\’t plan to take on such an expense as we retire. Oh well. We\’ll figure it out.

Many in the outlining areas, are elderly or have disabilities where they need power. Then again, why haven\’t they had alternate power if their lives are at risk due to power outages? I\’m not one, that would wait around – waiting for someone to help me. I was not raised to be helpless. By God, I would do everything in my power to get whatever I needed to help my loved one who needed their medical devices powered up. You know, it\’s a bummer, but that\’s part of life. What\’s the saying, \”SHIT HAPPENS?\”

I don\’t understand why big cities are not without power. Or maybe, I do understand…

So this weekend is supposed to be a BIG fire watch weekend with high winds and no power for 2 million people. The fire down in Sonoma County (Kincade) was actually started by a PGE transformer that was still \”ON\” when it sparked. At least this time, PGE admitted it.

I don\’t condone, some of the country people literally taking potshots at PGE linemen. They are just regular people, working for this POS company. There have so far been 2 incidents within the last couple of days – Violence doesn\’t get you anywhere. It just makes you look bad.

The towns around us will be black. Makes for a boring weekend when you really can\’t go anywhere, due to everything being shut down.

Yep, it sure sucks to be PG&E now…

10 thoughts on “It sucks to be PG&E

1. Anonymous October 26, 2019 / 1:13 pm

So much is going on everywhere. Every happening just seems to be … another thing you read in the paper or see on TV. Then the next horrible thing occurs and we read and flip the channel.I don't say that in a mean way. It must be overwhelming to experience catastrophe. And we think … so glad it's not happening where I live.But it could happen where I live. And I do feel so sorry for those people whose lives are being turned up-side-down by man-made doing.

2. Anonymous October 26, 2019 / 6:41 pm

Those fires must be awful, just the fear of losing your home terrible. There must be someway to mitigate those fires without cutting power which does not seem to work anyway.

3. Anonymous October 27, 2019 / 12:29 am

I would like to have a generator in case of hurricanes. I've never lost power for very long, but some people go without for a couple of weeks following a hurricane.Love,Janie

4. Anonymous October 27, 2019 / 5:03 am

I've told my hubby that I think all of California is going to be burned up since there seems to be so many fires there so recently. It would be hard to deal with but I would be totally livid if my power was turned off since I need it for my livelihood but I know that I wouldn't be alone in it. When we lived in the San Diego area, I heard a report on the radio that (at that time) the most expensive electricity was through SDGE (Southern California company) followed by Southern Edison (we had them when we lived in Murietta/Temecula). I wonder where PG and E falls of the radar. Not only does it such to be PG and E, but if sucks more to be their customer.betty

5. Anonymous October 27, 2019 / 8:49 pm

I have no idea what PG&E is

6. Anonymous October 28, 2019 / 3:56 pm

PGE has not maintained their equipment. They spent profits on lavish parties and bonuses. Smaller electric companies like my city, maintain their lines and put most of them underground. It will takes YEARS and a lot of money for PGE to remedy this.

7. Anonymous October 28, 2019 / 3:57 pm

Yeah and those people don't complain, like many here are doing with just a few days. I can't judge them – as I have power. We've been spoiled for so long and now it's PAY DAY.

8. Anonymous October 28, 2019 / 3:58 pm

Yeah I only have them for natural gas.

9. Anonymous October 28, 2019 / 3:58 pm

Pacific Gas and Electric Company. They supply electricity to many areas here in California.

10. Anonymous October 29, 2019 / 12:54 am

The people who are ill and the elderly really need power right now. It makes me sad for them. 😦 A blog friend who has lived in California her whole life mentioned that they used to maintain the forest better in the past, and there weren't as many fires back then.~Sheri